Thursday 18 January 2007

It's Working

First up, I know I'm a bit late on this blog thing. I hate the overwhelming self-importance of it all. I haven't even got time to manage it, as if I'm not busy enough. Anyway, don't get it twisted, I'm starting this mainly to celebrate Hip-Hop through my own looking glass. I'm gonna post archived interviews, freestyles and some exclusive gems that never saw the light of day. I'm gonna dig in the vaults too. You may see some classic record covers, stupid promo shit I've been sent, photos of me with artists. It's just a window into my world to which people are rarely invited. This may be out of date in time to come but right now, because of Nasir, everyone's saying Hip-Hop is dead. Dead or not, who cares, Hip- Hop lost it's virginity a long time ago. I'm not even mad, fuck it, I say ride the shitty tidal wave. I still love it though, the mind-set has been ingrained in me. What I love more are the indelible memories it's given me. I doubt there will be many more that are as significant, but hey, I'll tell you about them if they happen. Enjoy.

No comments: